Saturday, July 6, 2013

Friendship Lost?



From:  some_chick999@hotmail.com
To:  jsmith@gmail.com

RE:  Friendship

I cannot believe the things you've said to me lately.  I know I have problems that I need to fix, but you aren't being supportive as a friend should.  I have been self-absorbed in my issues right now because I've gone through a lot of changes and stress lately.  Most people would be understanding of something like that and would give their friend what they need: support, love, understanding, and time.
You, however, have done what you could to make me feel guilty for trying to get my life in order for once.  I have ALWAYS been there for you, for everything.  I know plenty of times that I've sat on the phone with you for hours, listening to the things you needed to say, and trying to help you as best I could.
You are not giving me the courtesy that one deserves from a best friend.  You are treating me as if I'm purposefully trying to upset you or ruin our friendship, when that is not the case.  I understand that you may be busy, too.
I can't believe that you could be so self-absorbed yourself to tell your supposed best friend that she needs to go institutionalize herself, that she's a bad friend, and all the other harsh things you said to me.
If you loved me and cared about me as you have said, I would have your love and support through it all, as I would do endlessly for you.
I do not expect or demand a reply.  I just wanted my rebuttal to get out there.
I don't need in my life someone that is going to harm me and try to drag me back down again.  I'm trying to fix things, and your attitude towards the situation is childish, immature, and very unfriendly and demeaning.
If anyone is being a bad friend, 'tis you, my friend.  Until you can know what it is to truly have a reciprocal friendship, I bid you adieu.
Celia


From:  jsmith@gmail.com
To: some_chick999@hotmail.com

I think you sent this to the wrong email address. I don't actually know you.

From:  some_chick999@hotmail.com
To:  jsmith@gmail.com


Bill had broken up with me because I'm insensitive.  You and I had a falling out because I'm selfish.  Lucy is in the process of berating me about my bluntness and that it's hurtful.  I'm realizing that I've done something very wrong, and I'm trying to fix it.  I want to be a better person, the one that can truly be compassionate. unselfish, and be a true friend.  I'm working on it, but it's hard to do when everyone has left me.  I implore you, beg you, to love me again and allow me to atone for everything I've done.  I've done you a lot of wrong by being selfish and paying attention to my own needs.  I still am hurt by the way you went about telling me these things, but I understand that at any other time, I would not have been hurt by it but defensive or bitter.
Alex, I love you, and you've been my friend for so long.  We've gone through a lot of things, some worse than this, and I want to make things better.  I want to get together with you and I want to know everything that's happened in your life that I've now missed out on.  Please allow me to fix things and make things better between us.  I AM trying hard to be a better person and friend, and I hope you allow me the chance to prove myself.

From:  jsmith@gmail.com
To:  some_chick999@hotmail.com

...I'm not Alex. And I still don't know you. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you. Just give Alex a call, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment